29 Apr Istanbul Airport to Tarabya
The Istanbul Airport makes history as the second largest in the world, after Dubai’s Al Maktoum International Airport. Currently open and functional, with a significant part of the project under construction, the IGA has the capacity for 150 million passengers annually.
The new airport is will have four terminals but currently has two terminals, with expansion plans that will increase its capacity to 200 million passengers annually, after the expected completion of two other terminals in 2028.
IST is located on the European side of Istanbul, in the district of Arnavutköy, sitting on 7,659 hectares of land, 90 percent of the zone being a state-owned forest before the construction of the airport. The airport offers a seamless passenger experience by dividing its operational management into three parts: Airside Operations, Terminal Operations, and the Airport Operations Control Center (AOCC), while the Technical Services department oversees the optimal functioning of all processes.
Tarabya is a neighborhood between Yeniköy and Kireçburnu, located on the European coast of the Bosphorus Strait, in Sariyer, a district in Istanbul. Tarabya hosts some embassies of European countries, though it was home to the summer houses of foreign high commission in the Ottoman period.
Accessing this neighborhood via the main routes which are Sakip Sabanci Cd and Büyükdere Cd, the average distance from the Istanbul Airport is15-20 km. Fat Taxi Istanbul offers the best airport shuttle service in the city and will be at your service for rides from and to Tarabya.
Why Should I Visit Tarabya, Istanbul?
A neighborhood that has not been fully explored by tourists, Tarabya is an extremely beautiful area that houses very remarkable places with scenic views, given its position on the Bosphorus. Tarabya has glamorous restaurants and its high proximity to Yenikoy allows you to walk to the other neighborhood, and further up the Bosphorus. There are plenty interesting activities to engage in while visiting Tarabya.
The Grand Tarabya Hotel
Getting a room with a sea view at the brand new Grand Tarabya Hotel, will literally make you feel like you’re on a cruise ship, as the hotel stands on the Bosphorus. A five-star hotel which reflects the quintessence of traditional Turkish hospitality, the Grand Tarabya combines professionalism, next generation architecture, and excellent hospitality, and also offers an extensive view of the scenic landscape of the city. It offers true luxury to both local and international tourists.
Walk on the Seaside
You can take in the beauty of the Bosphorus Strait in various ways. The most popular way is to go on a boat cruise on the Bosphorus, but a simpler and closer way, is to walk on the seaside of Tarabya. At night, it has the atmosphere of a small harbor village with a cool, serene atmosphere.
Ural Ataman Classic Car Museum
One of the best modern museums in Turkey, the Ural Ataman Classic Car Museum has beautiful and elaborate interior decorations. If you are on a summer visit and the heat and crowd gets overwhelming, this is an ideal place to visit. They have really nice and classic cars on exhibition, and great hospitality for children, making it suited for family visits.
When Should I Visit Tarabya?
The summers in Tarabya are warm, humid, dry, and clear, and you get to enjoy the best of beach activities from mid July to the end of September. Winters in Tarabya are long and cold, with temperature that can go extremely low. Over the course of the year, the temperature typically varies from 38°F to 85°F and rarely goes below 30°F or above 90°F. But you can visit Tarabya and close neighborhoods between late June and late August as that is the time when most tourists visit the neighborhood.
With our Mercedes Benz V-Class and Sprinter shuttle options, we ensure that transportation from ISL to Ataşehir will be the least of your worries. Our fleet offers the
- Mercedes Benz Vito has a capacity for 6 to 8 commuters and up to 10 bags. it is comfortable and spacious and offer fares from 45 Euros.
- Mercedes Benz Sprinter can transport up to 14 passengers and has a capacity for 15 bags. This is an option with more space for a larger group of commuters both in the airport and city, and prices start from 60 Euros.
Why should I Choose fat taxi?
There are several transportation providers to and from the airport, so now you can ask the ultimate question: why choose fat taxi?
- We offer the lowest rates for commuting passengers to all destinations in Istanbul. fat taxi charges per ride and not per head, as in the case of other airport shuttle providers. Toll fees are also included in the fare, and you will NEVER be charged credit card fees! And you get up to 10% discount on return trips.
- Fast and secure online booking allows you to book appointments from any web enabled device without hassles. Using our “Book and Go” tool, you can make your reservation within a couple of minutes!
- 24 hour service via various channels is part of what we offer. Our staff possess long experience in private transportation and they will give satisfactory answers to all your questions. We have car reservation lines for English, Turkish, and Arabic speaking passengers.
- Free value added services such as Wi-Fi, baby booster seats, and bottled water for all passengers are some of the perks you get while riding with fat taxi.
With fat taxi at your “beck and call” there is no better taxi service in Istanbul airports. We keep to our promise to consistently deliver the best transportation services to tourists and locals alike. Do visit our website and make your reservation today. It always pays to ride with us!