29 Apr Istanbul Airport to Bakirkoy
The Istanbul Airport is the new airlines exchange hub that will take over operations from the Ataturk International Airport. Designed and built to contain the capacity challenges of the constantly overcrowded Istanbul’s airports, the ultra-modern airport promises to handle 150 million passengers annually, and up to 200 million with planned future upgrades.
Istanbul Airport has high safety and security standards. Security is provided by 3,500 security personnel and a total of 1,850 police, and 750 immigration officers. The perimeter of the 7,659-hectare land mass is protected with fixed CCTV cameras for every 60 meters, pan–tilt–zoom cameras every 360 meters, thermal cameras, fiber optic sensors every 720 meters and ground radar, and there are up to 9,000 CCTV cameras in the active terminal building.
One of the most important airports in the world, and currently the largest, the Istanbul New Airport is located northwest of the city in the district of Arnavutköy. Operations in the airport were officially launched in 2018 by the Turkish President Erdogan on the Turkish national holiday, 29 October.
Istanbul Airport, just like Bakirkoy, is situated on the European side of the city of Istanbul. The distance to and from either location is approximately 30 km and fat taxi will offer you the fastest and most efficient airport shuttle service in Istanbul.
What to do in Bakirkoy
A neighbourhood, municipality and district settled by an upper middle class people of Istanbul, Bakırköy is densely populated, has a residential character and larger than its surrounding neighbourhoods, such as Yeşilköy and Ataköy. Bakırköy lies between the D-100 highway (locally known as E-5) and the coast of the Sea of Marmara. In Bakırköy, you can’t have enough shopping, dining, and entertainment with its numerous malls, exquisite restaurants, cinemas, and the boisterous nightlife.
Carousel Shopping Center
The Carousel Shopping Center is a modern mall covering a total area of 76,500 m², housing 117 shops, 4 movie halls, cafeterias, and fast food restaurants. The facility also has 12 escalators and 7 elevators that provide access to the whooping 1.5 million people who visit monthly. Here, you find discussion panels, book-signing sessions by popular writers, music recitals, and an art gallery where both amateur and professional performances are held. Its 11,560 m2 land area includes a large parking lot which is free for visitors to use.
World Trade Center Istanbul, Yeşilköy
Another reason to visit the Bakirkoy district is the neighbourhood of Yeşilköy. Known as Ayestefanos in the past, this district was a very small settlement for Greek fishermen but it experienced rapid development, which includes the World Trade Center constructed in 1982. Standing next to the now dysfunctional Atatürk International Airport, The World Trade Center Istanbul covers an area of 500,000 m2, has a subway station and a 6000-car parking capacity. Take a tour around the Convention Center and Istanbul Expo Center to experience the grandeur of this monument during the day and take a stroll to the beautiful marina and sandy beaches in the night. And if you wish to spend more time here during your trip, the WTC Istanbul houses a 4-star and a 5-star hotel, the former with a 1,250-bed capacity.
When to Visit Bakirkoy
Reasons for visiting Bakirkoy vary according to an individual or family. For sightseeing in the district, spring and fall tend to be the most ideal seasons, as average temperature hover around 15 degrees C. If you are also looking at shopping a lot on holiday, the first weeks of the second quarter generally bring the best summer sales. The weather is normally very warm in September, and that would be great for a Bosphorus Cruise.
With our Mercedes Benz V-Class and Sprinter shuttle options, we ensure that transportation from ISL to Ataşehir will be the least of your worries. Our fleet offers the
- Mercedes Benz Vito has a capacity for 6 to 8 commuters and up to 10 bags. it is comfortable and spacious and offer fares from 60 Euros.
- Mercedes Benz Sprinter can transport up to 14 passengers and has a capacity for 15 bags. This is an option with more space for a larger group of commuters both in the airport and city, and prices start from 80 Euros.
Why should I Choose fat taxi?
There are several transportation providers to and from the airport, so now you can ask the ultimate question: why choose fat taxi?
- We offer the lowest rates for commuting passengers to all destinations in Istanbul. fat taxi charges per ride and not per head, as in the case of other Istanbul airport transfer providers. Toll fees are also included in the fare, and you will NEVER be charged credit card fees! And you get up to 10% discount on return trips.
- Fast and secure online booking allows you to book appointments from any web enabled device without hassles. Using our “Book and Go” tool, you can make your reservation within a couple of minutes!
- 24 hour service via various channels is part of what we offer. Our staff possess long experience in private transportation and they will give satisfactory answers to all your questions. We have car reservation lines for English, Turkish, and Arabic speaking passengers.
- Free value added services such as Wi-Fi, baby booster seats, and bottled water for all passengers are some of the perks you get while riding with fat taxi.
With fat taxi at your “beck and call” there is no better Istanbul airport shuttle service. We keep to our promise to consistently deliver the best Istanbul airport taxi services to tourists and locals alike. Do visit our website and make your reservation today. It always pays to ride with us!