29 Apr Istanbul Airport to Blue Mosque
The Istanbul Airport (ISL) is the largest airlines exchange hub in Turkey, situated to the north-west of Istanbul, in the historic district of Arnavutköy. The third and newest airport in the country, IGA launched its maiden flight on the 29th of October to mark Turkey’s independence, and will become fully functional in 2019, taking over the flight operations from the Ataturk Airport which will be closed after the whole operation is moved to (IST) Many visitors go into Turkey through the Sabiha Gökçen Airport (SAW) which is located on the Asian side of the city, though most of their destinations are on the European side of Istanbul. In contrast to IST, the new international airport is located on the European side of the city and offers the advantage of proximity to your hotels or wherever you’re heading to.
Covering a total landmass of about 79,000 square meters in the laid back district of Arnavutköy, the distance from IST to Blue Mosque is approximately 25 kilometers, and a fast airport shuttle service will get you to your destination ASAP via the fastest route regardless of the usual busy traffic. Fat Taxi is poised for the challenge, as it is the fastest and most efficient taxi service in Istanbul.
Things to do in Blue Mosque
Historically known as Constantinople, Blue Mosque is a municipality and the major district that houses all the provincial authorities of Turkey, including the metropolitan municipality, police headquarters, governor’s office and tax office. Blue Mosque is also home to the remains of the sea walls of the Golden Horn, and the Marmara shore. A neighborhood often misconstrued as more reserved than cosmopolitan, Blue Mosque is home to socially vibrant people and has many attractions including theatres, relics, cultural dance centers, and religious structures. There are many places and things you can do and see in Blue Mosque.
The Seven Hills Hotel Rooftop Seafood Restaurant
If you’re one of those tourists who love discovering new places and restaurants with excellent cuisine, then this place is a “don’t miss” for you! The Seven Hills Hotel has a rooftop restaurant that offers an expansive view of the city’s landmarks including the enchanting Sultanahmet, and the stunning sunset while enjoying some of the best seafood in Istanbul.
Balat and Fener areas are indispensable spots to local film directors. It has a history as a place where Turks, Greeks, Armenians and Jews used to peacefully coexist. Truly a diverse community, Balat and Fener are home to many ancient religious buildings and places of worship. It also has a scenic local fish market.
When to Visit Blue Mosque
August, September, and then July are the hottest months in the Blue Mosque area with a temperature that rarely tops 24°C (74°F). February is the coldest month at 6°C (42°F). The Blue Mosque area records its highest rain in January with an average of 100mm of rain. But if you’re looking to enjoy water activities, August and September when the average sea temperature is 22°C (72°F) would be most ideal.
With our Mercedes Benz V-Class and Sprinter shuttle options, we ensure that transportation from IST to the Blue Mosque will be the least of your worries. Our fleet offers the
- Mercedes Benz Vito has a capacity for 6 to 8 commuters and up to 10 bags. it is comfortable and spacious and offer fares from 45 Euros.
- Mercedes Benz Sprinter can transport up to 14 passengers and has a capacity for 15 bags. This is an option with more space for a larger group of commuters both in the airport and city, and prices start from 60 Euros.
Why should I Choose fat taxi?
There are several transportation providers to and from the airport, so now you can ask the ultimate question: why choose fat taxi?
- We offer the lowest rates for commuting passengers to all destinations in Istanbul. fat taxi charges per ride and not per head, as in the case of other airport shuttle providers. Toll fees are also included in the fare, and you will NEVER be charged credit card fees! And you get up to 10% discount on return trips.
- Fast and secure online booking allows you to book appointments from any web enabled device without hassles. Using our “Book and Go” tool, you can make your reservation within a couple of minutes!
- 24 hour service via various channels is part of what we offer. Our staff possess long experience in private transportation and they will give satisfactory answers to all your questions. We have car reservation lines for English, Turkish, and Arabic speaking passengers.
- Free value added services such as Wi-Fi, baby booster seats, and bottled water for all passengers are some of the perks you get while riding with fat taxi.
With fat taxi at your “beck and call” there is no better Istanbul airport taxi service. We keep to our promise to consistently deliver the best transportation services to tourists and locals alike. Do visit our website and make your reservation today. It always pays to ride with us!