29 Apr Istanbul Airport to Taksim
Now “the largest airport under one roof in the world”, the capacity of the Istanbul Airport transcends the Hong Kong International which was formerly the largest airport in the world. The Istanbul Airport offers flights to more than 350 destinations, and has an annual capacity of 200 million passengers.
The new flight exchange hub which took over from the Atatürk Airport sits on a 7,659-hectare region near Lake Terkos, and built at the traffic circle of Arnavutköy, Göktürk, and Çatalca. Currently, facilities in the airport include a terminal for both local and international flights, and 4 of its runways are currently in operation.
The Istanbul Airport is designed for expansion in the future. It has distinctive features that further boost the rich and cultural legacy of the city. The airport’s architecture will replicate the opulence of Istanbul’s religious, recreational, and historic structures.
The distance from Istanbul Airport to Taksim is about 35-40km. The journey with public transportation will be in 1 hr 30 minutes or 2 hours. Other options include a drive or a taxi in Istanbul Airport. Fat Taxi will get you to Taksim easy and quick.
Things to do in Taksim
Demarcated from the historic city by the Golden Horn, Taksim is a district located on Istanbul’s European side. Taksim is an area of settlement for foreigners, especially people from the Mediterranean and Western regions of Europe. Home to public superstructures, recreational centers and significant historical sites, Taksim is a wonderful destination to spend holidays. Here are ways your visit to Taksim can be a pleasant but memorable one.
With a landscape predominantly characterized by late Ottoman period architecture that was designed with the Neo-Classical, Neo-Gothic, Renaissance Revival, Beaux-Arts, Art Nouveau and First Turkish National Architecture styles, the Istiklal Avenue is an elegant, 1.4 kilometer-long pedestrian street which records visits at up to 3 million people daily. The street is home to theaters, cafés, art galleries, cinemas, movie stores, live music nightclubs, boutiques, and restaurants. At the center of Istiklal Street is the Galatasaray Square which houses the oldest secondary school in Istanbul, and in Turkey. Taking a trip towards the southern end of the avenue may give you the opportunity to see the world’s second-oldest subway station, popularly known and called Tünel.
Pera Palace Hotel
Pera Palace Hotel is a famous hotel with lush and very comfortable rooms, most of them have balconies that allow you to view Pera and Golden Horn, and facilities that include an atmospheric bar and lounge, spa, gym, and restaurant. The most impressive feature of all is the service, which is both friendly and efficient.
When to Visit Taksim
For Taksim, August, July, and then June record the highest temperatures. The warmest time of year is July where highs usually read around 30.2°C with night temperatures hardly falling below 22.4 °C.
Visitors would prefer moths with the lowest chances of heavy rain or snow. In Taksim, the lowest chance of significant precipitation is around mid-January.
The least humid month in Taksim is July, with 67.5% relative humidity, and the most humid month is February with humidity topping 74%. Taksim is relatively less windy. In declining order, the windiest months are August, followed by July and September.
With our Mercedes Benz V-Class and Sprinter shuttle options, we ensure that transportation from ISL to Taksim will be the least of your worries. Our fleet offers the
- Mercedes Benz Vito has a capacity for 6 to 8 commuters and up to 10 bags. it is comfortable and spacious and offer fares from 45 Euros.
- Mercedes Benz Sprinter can transport up to 14 passengers and has a capacity for 15 bags. This is an option with more space for a larger group of commuters both in the airport and city, and prices start from 60 Euros.
Why should I Choose fat taxi?
There are several transportation providers to and from the airport, so now you can ask the ultimate question: why choose fat taxi?
- We offer the lowest rates for commuting passengers to all destinations in Istanbul. fat taxi charges per ride and not per head, as in the case of other Istanbul airport shuttle providers. Toll fees are also included in the fare, and you will NEVER be charged credit card fees! And you get up to 10% discount on return trips.
- Fast and secure online booking allows you to book appointments from any web enabled device without hassles. Using our “Book and Go” tool, you can make your reservation within a couple of minutes!
- 24 hour service via various channels is part of what we offer. Our staff possess long experience in private transportation and they will give satisfactory answers to all your questions. We have car reservation lines for English, Turkish, and Arabic speaking passengers.
- Free value added services such as Wi-Fi, baby booster seats, and bottled water for all passengers are some of the perks you get while riding with Fat Taxi.
With fat taxi at your “beck and call” there is no better Istanbul airport shuttle service. We keep to our promise to consistently deliver the best transportation services to tourists and locals alike. Do visit our website and make your reservation today. It always pays to ride with us!