01 May Sabiha Gokcen Airport to City Centre
SabihaGokcen Airport (SAW) is one of three major international airports serving the biggest Turkey’s city, Istanbul. With an elevation of 95 meters and annual passenger traffic at 31,386,038, SAW is the second largest airport in Turkey. The distance from SabihaGokcen Airport to the city centre is 40 km, and it is a comfy and smooth-journey by Fat Taxi.
A main business district in Istanbul, Levent is located on the European side of the city centre. It is situated at the western shore of the Bosphorus, and to the north of the Golden Horn. Levent has one of the most awe-inspiring skylines in the city, competing with the proximate Maslak district for new skyscraper projects.
The taxi leaves SabihaGokcen Airport (SAW) and navigates through Kurna, Emirli, Pasakoy, and Nisantepe before reaching the neighboring district Maslak, then finally Levent. With a lot of green vegetation, hills and high-rise buildings (especially in Nisantepe), the journey offers sightseeing of picturesque landscapes.
Things to do in the City Centre
A municipality that hosts a major skyscraper cluster in Besiktas including the famous 238-meter tall 54-floor Sapphire, it attracts visitors who seek both business and leisure. The city centre has a vibrant social life, and activities of interest for the elite and working-class as well.
Here are some things to do and see in the city centre:
Kanyon Shopping Center
Very close to the Levent metro station is the Kanyon Shopping Center. A many-sided complex located on the Büyükdere Avenue in the business district of Levent, the mall combines 160 stores consisting of boutiques, cinemas, restaurants and cafes. Try visiting the Nusrt-et Burger House for some treats, or the high-end brand shops for authentic outfits.
The mall is a beautiful and nice place to relax and spend time. Kanyon Shopping Mall is also very close to the Wyndham Grand Hotels. This makes it very accessible if Wyndham is where you have an accommodation. A lot of international tourists visit this place for its ambience and numerous interesting things to do and see. Vakko and Harvey are two of the best shops to buy things while the variety of good restaurants will satiate diverse food choices.
Wyndham Grand Istanbul
Experience unrivalled comfort and luxury in the 398-room Wyndham Grand Istanbul Levent Hotel. Offering uncensored views of the iconic Bosphorus and Golden Horn waterways and 8 exclusive restaurants with 5,800 sq m of meeting space, business travelers and tourists will have what they need for an unforgettable stay in Istanbul.
Known for adhering to the customary butcher care and taste values, Butcha Steakhouse offers the best meat in town. Their dynamic and creative menu includes gourmet choices processed with special care, and grilled to create unique tastes with beef and meat.
Butcha Steakhouse is just 6 miles away from the Wyndham Grand Istanbul; and it is a must-visit for grilled food enthusiasts. The restaurant has a very clean environment and also offers a nice view of the street. It is one of the best places to have steaks in Istanbul.
When to Visit the City Centre Istanbul?
Summers in Istanbul are warm, arid, and clear and the winters are a direct contrast with dry, freezing cold and are somewhat cloudy. During the course of the year, the temperature normally varies from 18°F to 88°F and is rarely below 6°F or above 94°F.
The hot season spans from the second week in June to the end of September (June 11 – September 18), while the cold season starts from the end of November to the beginning of March (November 24 – March 9). Precipitation (rain alone) is common from February 18 to December 27 while it usually snows from December 27 to February 18.
With our Mercedes Benz V-Class and Sprinter shuttle options, we ensure that transportation from SAW to the city centre will be the least of your worries. Our vehicle offers the
- Mercedes Benz Vito has a capacity for 6 to 8 commuters and up to 10 bags. it is comfortable and spacious and offer fares from 45 Euros.
- Mercedes Benz Sprinter can transport up to 14 passengers and has a capacity for 15 bags. This is an option with more space for a larger group of commuters both in the airport and city, and prices start from 60 Euros.
Why should I Choose fat taxi?
There are several transportation providers to and from the airport, so now you can ask the ultimate question: why choose Fat Taxi?
- We offer the lowest rates for commuting passengers to all destinations in Istanbul. fat taxi charges per ride and not per head, as in the case of other airport shuttle providers. Toll fees are also included in the fare, and you will NEVER be charged credit card fees! And you get up to 10% discount on return trips.
- Fast and secure online booking allows you to book appointments from any web enabled device without hassles. Using our “Book and Go” tool, you can make your reservation within a couple of minutes!
- 24 hour service via various channels is part of what we offer. Our staff possess long experience in private transportation and they will give satisfactory answers to all your questions. We have car reservation lines for English, Turkish, and Arabic speaking passengers.
- Free value added services such as Wi-Fi, baby booster seats, and bottled water for all passengers are some of the perks you get while riding with fat taxi.
With fat taxi at your “beck and call” there is no better Istanbul airport shuttle service. We keep to our promise to consistently deliver the best transportation services to tourists and locals alike. Do visit our website and make your reservation today. It always pays to ride with us!